The work of local nonprofit organizations impacts the quality of life for everyone in Hawaii. Recognizing the essential role they play in the economy and health of our community, HCF is committed to sharing knowledge about the nonprofit sector and strengthening nonprofit organizations through grants and training.
- We invest charitable funds from caring donors into the work of reputable nonprofits.
- We strengthen nonprofits to improve their capacity to better help those they serve.
- We influence social change by teaming with strategic partners to make deep, long-term investments around priority statewide initiatives.
- We recognize that knowledge is an asset and a currency as important as money; its value is magnified when shared.
- We believe that HCF's role in building partnerships, developing funding strategies, creating learning communities, and convening leaders around community issues, is essential for the sustainability of Hawaii's nonprofits.
The Hawaii Community Foundation administers more than $44 million a year in community grants and contracts, primarily through nonprofit organizations. Our core programs and community impact initiatives are designed to strengthen nonprofits and solve community problems while delivering solid results and leveraging relationships.
Here is a list of all grant applications across a wide range of interest areas, geographic areas and populations, and a grantseeker calendar for expediting the process. You can also find fiscal sponsor materials and look for answers among the Grant FAQs.